WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO BRING?
* Please bring last year’s tax return in hard copy form or pdf it to us, in addition to the basic documents necessary for tax return preparation. If you make an in person appointment, please send us your 2022 tax information at least a few days before your appointment, if possible.
- 1099-INTs for Interest Earned
- 1099-DIVs for Dividends Earned
- 1099-B for Stock Sales
- 1098s for Mortgage Interest Paid
- Real Estate Taxes Paid
- Total Child Care Paid including Name of Child Care Provider and Federal Identification Number,
- Children Attending College – 1098T for Tuition Paid, you may have to log in to your student’s account and print this
- If you collected unemployment, be sure to bring your 1099-G.
- If you collected NJ Unemployment or NJ Family Leave, you will have to log in to your account and print your 1099-G.
- If you bought, sold or refinanced your home, bring your settlement sheet(s).
- Have a new baby or dependent? Name, Date of Birth and Social Security Number.
- If a taxpayer has passed away, be sure to bring the Short Certificate.
NEW this year
Charitable deduction changes: New this year, taxpayers who don’t itemize deductions may take a charitable deduction of up to $300 for a single person or $600 for married filing point for cash contributions made in 2022 to qualifying organizations. For more information, read Publication 526, Charitable Contributions.